While there are many problems that can create or break a startup’s success, business intelligence is one area that is becoming increasingly important for companies of all sizes. Now more than ever data gathering and data analysis are central to the decision-making and success of any start-up.
You need to understand what motivates your customers to buy your product, what’s your most effective marketing channel, and how you can make it better, whether you offer a small product or service, or run a website.
The main reason why startups and SMEs do not use data analytics tools more is the prohibitive costs. This is a fair doubt to have, as a lot of data analytical tools restrict essential data to the paid users which in turn reduces the amount of essential information available to make informed decisions on campaigns or Ads.
In this article, along with some more robust paid options, you’ll learn about some of the best free social media analytics tools available.
Sprout Social’s all-in-one social management solution empowers its customers to do more with their social media strategy and turn social data into meaningful insights.
Its cross-channel social listening allows for a contextual and qualitative analysis of topics, hashtags, and keywords.
- Report builder.
- Reports for internal team performance.
- Get group reports of your social media profiles (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn & Pinterest).
Google Analytics allows you to measure your advertising ROI and track your sites and applications for Flash, video, and social networking. Google Analytics is one of the best ways to learn about your website visitors.
- See which social media platforms give you the most traffic.
- See what content works best on which social networks.
- Make sure that you’re attracting the right audience on social media with demographic data.
- See how many leads and other conversions your business gets from social media (sales inquiries, trials, email signups, etc.).
- Calculate the ROI of your social media campaigns.
❖ RIVAL IQ
Rival IQ lets you track different competitors and compare their performance across not only social media platforms but also SEO. You can identify the general digital strategies that work for your competitors in this way and learn from their tactics.
- Analyzes Facebook and Instagram ads, and features historical data up to 24 months.
- Compare your profiles to others in your industry in terms of social metrics, hashtags, and content quality.
- Integrate Google Analytics to get a complete understanding of your customers’ journey.
- Improve your Facebook and Instagram ad performance with automated insights.
Get a deeper understanding of where and how people interact with your business across your website, app, Facebook Page, and more. Then, optimize and grow. Facebook actually offers three built-in social media analytics tools. Since they all cover aspects of Facebook Page analytics, we’re treating them as one tool in this post.
- Facebook Page Insights: Page and post engagement, post and story reach, recommendations, responsiveness, video views, follower growth, orders and earnings, when your audience is online, and competitor benchmarking.
- Facebook Audience Insights: For both your existing audience and the overall Facebook audience, track demographic factors like age, gender, job title, and relationship status; interests and hobbies; life events; and which other Facebook Pages they like.
- Facebook Ad Center: Ad spent, people reached, post engagement, and link clicks.
Keyhole avails you the opportunity to track data accurately, measure all metrics in real-time, Calculate and prove your success on every campaign with data and Create client-ready PDFs, and share real-time dashboards.
- Predict your campaign’s performance with machine learning and make changes accordingly.
- Analyze people’s sentiments when they engage with your posts.
- Manage influencers’ accounts and permissions, and track their performance from one place.
Amplitude is a product intelligence platform that helps teams understand user behavior, ship the right product experiences fast, and drive business outcomes. It is built to meet the needs of modern product and growth teams, with real-time analytics, cross-platform tracking, powerful behavioral analytics, and Enterprise-level security and customer support.
- Metrics (Standard & Custom Event Tracking, and Funnels).
- Custom Reports and Dashing.
- Administration (API Integration, User role, and access management).
- User Segmentation.
- Tracking & Reporting.
- Product Analytics
The Google search console enables you to analyze your organic search traffic from Google. The search console shows you which search terms, direct users, to your website following their Google search and clicking on an organic link to your website (meaning not an ad from AdWords). The search console actually provides more information than just clicks. You can also see how many impressions each search term had, its CTR, and the average position it presented your website in as a search result.
The amount of information and functionality available to brands today via social media management tools is staggering. No matter what tools are in your arsenal, make a point to dig deeper into your data to get the most out of your future campaigns.
This is the distinction between running data-driven campaigns that lead to a positive ROI.
This article is brought to you by Baynet Fuse Limited — An Online Media and Digital Advertising Company.